torsdag 20 juni 2013

Never say Never.

Okay so I admit, I have never been much for the whole "Vampire lives like human" series. As a matter of fact I have even been avoiding them. Why? Because some that shouldn't be mentioned by name, makes me crinch. Not just in a "This is slightly uncomfortable" way, but in a "this makes me want to throw up and never watch any form of media ever again" kind of way. Now I don't judge people who likes to watch teenage vampires fall in love and...do stuff. I just don't fancy watching it myself. Now here's the fun part. I am now addicted, to the part where I admit that there is a love for it; to the vampire diaries.
I know, I want to shoot myself; but I won't (don't worry Mom it was just a figure of speech.). I had seriously nothing to do tonight so I ended up browsing the web. At first I stumbled over True Blood, but then again that has a Swede in it (a hot one) so I was a bit Naah about it. I mean I'm sure it's awesome and I will probably watch it at some point but I just have a bit of trouble seeing him seriously as a vampire. Even if he's probably a really good one. What do I know? I've never actually seen a vampire IRL, so maybe they ride around on pink ponies all day for all I care. Well back to the story, so I stumbled over True Blood and went "Another time." but with a bit more looking around on the more messy side (get it? Bloody..messy..heh.) of the interwebs I found The Vampire Diaries.
At first I thought that it was going to be crap and that I would hate it, but something made me just watch it. Just for one episode and then I would've given it a chance and if it sucked I wouldn't have to bother with it ever again.
Well now I sit here with almost an entire season watched and I'm hooked. Seriously, I get it now. I mean yes it lets you roll your eyes at some points in the series but I can see past that. Overall it's actually really good. It's not in a kind of badass we will kick your ass kind of way like in Blade, where Wesley Snipes gives vampires a really though image. But in a more...softer? way. I don't think softer is a word that should be used in the same sentence as vampires though. "He drank my blood softly.", "He ripped my heart out with a soft touch." Well probably does it for someone but hey.
So my point with this absolute rant is even if you think you're going to hate something, don't say no until you've tried it (unless it's illegal or leads to certain death.). And now I'm going to go back to crawling up underneath a blanket with my pillows and watching The Vampire Diaries.